Water Glass | Teen Ink

Water Glass

By Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida
Noshabora GOLD, St. Cloud, Florida

"Poetry and art are when you take decades of thought and condense it into a nifty little portable carrying case that people can see and go 'Oooh, Ahh'... and then forget about it. But what does it matter, so long as YOU remember it?" ~ Bela

When I say "draft" at the end of the title, I mean that it was made it Solid works. Solid works is NOT a normal graphics program, it is a TOOL used by drafters and mechanical engineers to build machinery parts and test them for weaknesses without actually having to build them in real life. Parts are made in Solid Works in a similar fashion to blueprints. every dimension down to exact degrees and measurements must be given to the computer when the object is being built. objects made of more than one part or including joints must be made in seveal separate files, and then assembled within the program, so that the virtual object can move just as the real life on can. It's a very mathematical process, and very time consuming. Trying to "eye it" and guestimating measurements and degrees will NOT work in such a program.

This is a cheap plastic cup tipping water... I really have very little work to do in my drafting classes, even though I have so many in my schedual. I finished the curriculum altogether, so the teacher just has me do projects like this for credit, although class projects are far more complex.

Similar images

This art has 0 comments.