sensational | Teen Ink

sensational

By Kimmy_Krak, Macomb, Michigan
Kimmy_Krak, Macomb, Michigan

"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it"

scratchboard

Similar images

This art has 7 comments.

Calasaurus_Rex, Tustin, California

Every brush stroke has an infinite meaning, and every motion of your hand is the voice in the enchantment of an artistic symphony.

ME GUSTA!!~

Kimmy_Krak said...
Kimmy_Krak, Macomb, Michigan

scratchboard is basically paper that is covered with black ink or black paint and to create a picture you scratch away the black with a tool made for scratchboard.

Kimmy_Krak said...
Kimmy_Krak, Macomb, Michigan

wow, thank you so much! i really appreciate your compliment and that you get so much out of my artwork :) about the scratchboard technique, there really isnt one. i do not have much experience with scratchboard, but when i do use it i try to portray as much realism and detail as possible using different scratches.

Thesilentraven PLATINUM, Mableton, Georgia

"il piu nell' uno," (according to Emerson, an Italian expression for beauty)

"Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality" ~Emily Dickinson

"The deeper that sorrow carves into your being, the more joy you can contain"
~Kahlil Gibran

You have (I'm sure you've heard a million times) phenomenal talent. This drawing is so very realistic, and at the same time it is quite surreal. The subject is somewhat dark, but I do not know why. Perhaps it's something about the look in her eyes, or the way her hands are laid out. I love it! What is the 'scratchboard' technique? Whatever it is, you do it brilliantly; so much so that I am rather lost for words. My highest compliments to you.

TheGreightGutzby SILVER, Brooklyn, New York
Hi i think first you have to find one of my paintings lol. If you could search "Two Lovers" and find a picture drawn with purple and black colors then click on the picture. Then you will see my name and under it click on :more by this contributor. This is how i saw all your paintings and i think they are all amazing. 

Kimmy_Krak said...
Kimmy_Krak, Macomb, Michigan

how do i check your work? when i go to your profile or whatever it doesn't show it. and thanks for the comment, this piece of art was done using a scratchboard; the surface is black and u scratch away the white

How did you do this?! Amazing work like always. You are very talented keep on doing what you love. I know my work is nothing compared to yours but would you mind checking it out? Thanks