My Love Stops When Fascination Falls So | Teen Ink

My Love Stops When Fascination Falls So

By maza.love GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada
maza.love GOLD, Las Vegas, Nevada

Partly falling,
The fascination turning into praise.
When my fresh lonely loves,
Have once again fallen upwards
and for that good part,
Into liars they are when all have been stopped.

I learned this type of poetry in my History class, where we are studying China. In the poem, you are required to pick a few random phrases and sort the words into a poem. You can add words if you'd like. Here are the phrases I picked from my writing journal.

1. "fascination turns into love interest." (This is from a story I have yet to start.)
2. "stop praising myself for my good lying skills." (This is from a rough draft chapter of Charlotte's Story in which Charlotte successfully gets away with a HUGE lie.)
3. "falling upwards" (This is from an old poem.)
4. "so did that mean they all had once been a part of"...? (This is from a rough chapter of Maza's Story.)
5."when I'm much more fresh" (This too is from a rough chapter of Charlotte's Story).
6. "my lovely, my lonely" (This is from a new project I will start someday called "My Lovely, My (L)On(e)ly) It's pretty much a list of young women who've influenced my writing or who are my lovelies in stories. The title is inspired from Eisley's song, "My Lovely" which sparked the idea. Some of these young women include: Vabella, Charlotte, Kat, Klaita, & the Invisible Girl.)

This poem is interesting, if you didn't give an explaination the reader would constantly be trying to figure out some hidden meaning. If you write a part two let it be a mystery...good work!

purplehaze said...
can you add write a part II to this, i'd like to hear more